We have a 1993 Honda Civic that my children have lovingly (or not so much) named Pegasus. Now, Pegasus is a staple at our home. She has logged over 210, 000 miles and still purrs like a kitten, thanks to the amazing mechanical proficiency of my husband, Bill! Try as they might to send Pegasus to her final resting place in car heaven, our children have found their efforts to be in vain...time and time again! Worn brakes, leaking radiator, broken window handle, half-shafts, etc. are quickly repaired and/or replaced, much to our children's dismay.
The most recent attempt on Pegaus' life was by Ryan, our 17 year old. With his driver's license barely a month old, he skillfully propelled Pegasus underneath the bumper of a truck, causing the hood to buckle and the front frame to be pushed towards the engine. Once it was determined that no one was hurt, Ryan (with a twinkle in his eye) announced that Pegasus would have to be replaced.
WHAT?!? Did he have a momentary lapse in memory? Apparently he forgot who his father was! Bill the body mechanic to the rescue!
After disconnecting it from the car, Bill banged and bent the hood back into shape (OK, so it's not in the best of shape, but it works!) He then attached a come-a-long to the front car frame AND to a pole in our garage. Sha-Bam! It worked! The frame is now (mostly!) back where it belongs. The hood was reattached, and Pegasus is free to wander the streets again (though still in need of some new headlights).
My favorite part of this story was the look on Ryan's face when he realized that Pegasus does now, and will forever, live on!!








4 comments:
lol - my bad - I usually wait until people post a comment on my blog before I add them to my list. I try not to be too creepy just adding people - of course I should have know that with the whole "beth" thing we have going it that it would be fine :)
Glad you updated!
I love it mom! But just so you know... even though her name is Pegasus, the car is a girl... just thought you'd want to know! :) love ya!
I love the story! Especially the pictures of the car...I can only imagine the look on Ryan's face as he now gets to drive that car around!!!
Too funny!
Brandi
That sounds like the kind of story that would have haunted my dreams as a teenager. My dad was really resourceful like that too. It was AWFUL! But, at least you have the Pegasus legacy to pass along to children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren (it is a Honda, afterall!)
Post a Comment